1. Beauty- No other wood compares to the beauty of reclaimed wood with it's variations and depth of color. Each board's
natural and man-made imperfections only adds to it's unmatched beauty.
2. Quality- Most reclaimed wood is considered old growth wood that was harvested when the tree grew slowly giving it a
tight dense grain. A tight grain gives wood superior durability and a quality that often exceeds that of new wood.
3. Stability- Age will season the wood giving it greater stability and will be less likely to twist or cup. This stability can also
make the wood easier to work with.
4. History- Reclaimed wood is vintage wood with a history. The knots, worm holes, staining, checking, and nail holes tell
a story giving us a glimpse into the past. We can add to it's history by continuing to reclaim old wood and using it in our
building and remodeling projects.
5. Resourceful- By creatively using reclaimed wood that otherwise would have been burned or destroyed we are being good
stewards of our resources.